We place great importance on the quality, health and well-being of our workforce. We want our people to feel engaged with their work and motivated to achieve their potential. We are working hard to create the right environment to do this.
Key priorities and how we plan to address them" >
- Continue the rehabilitation and construction of all c3,800 workers housing and sanitation as per our Housing Action Plan
- Continue implementing our water borehole programme through our partnership with Water for Africa which will reinstate 52 boreholes for use by workers and wider community
- Increase capacity of healthcare facilities through provision of equipment and training and continued partnership with ProjectCURE
- Continue to improve our provision of high quality medical care for employees and their dependents as well as provide access to affordable medical care for local communities
- Continue to pay schools fees for workers at Management grade for all children. Grant financial assistance for schooling upon request to workers whose children are registered in an officially recognised school
- Review the condition of schools on the plantations and make improvements to the current infrastructure
- Continue communicating our HR policy to all employees at all levels of the organisation and ensure it is clearly accessible to all employees
- Establish a company-wide external grievance procedure for employees to ensure everyone has access to remedy and that there is a clear feedback system in place
- Continue to make improvements in occupational health and safety performance through embedding good OHS behaviours into everyday practice.
- Continue to ensure all staff are trained on health and safety to the level appropriate to meet the needs of their role as per our health monitoring programme
- Pursue National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) certification for key individuals
- Continue our work on promoting good business conduct to ensure that all of our policies are enforced
- Continue our work on business integrity to ensure employees follow our ‘zero tolerance’ approach to acts of bribery and corruption
- Continue our three-year training plan to communicate this approach across the group