FERONIA INC. ISSUES COMMON SHARES UNDER SHARE PURCHASE PLAN
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 17, 2014) - Feronia Inc. ("Feronia" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:FRN) today announced that certain officers and employees of the Company have acquired an aggregate of 116,460 common shares in the capital of the Company (the "Qualifying Shares"), at a price of $0.05 per share, under the Company's Share Purchase Plan (the "Plan"). Under the terms of the Plan, each participant is entitled to receive the matching number of common shares acquired pursuant to the Plan at no cost to such participant (the "Deferred Matching Shares"). Subject to certain conditions, such Deferred Matching Shares will be issued to the participants over a three year period following the date of the purchase of the Qualifying Shares. As a result, the participants may be issued up to an aggregate of 116,460 Deferred Matching Shares in three equal tranches over a three year period. As required under the Plan, the Company has also issued an aggregate of 39,216 Deferred Matching Shares to certain officers, directors and employees who acquired Qualifying Shares in June 2012. Following the above noted issuance of common shares, the Company has an aggregate of 552,206,188 common shares issued and outstanding.
About Feronia Inc.
- Feronia Inc. is a large-scale commercial farmland and plantation operator in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ("DRC").
- The Company uses modern agricultural practices to operate and develop its oil palm plantations and arable farming business division.
- Feronia believes in the immense agricultural potential of the DRC for high-quality foodstuffs and edible oils given its ideal climate, excellent soil and highly skilled and experienced workforce.
- Feronia's management team is comprised of senior agriculturalists with extensive experience in managing both plantations and large-scale mechanized farming operations in emerging markets.
- Feronia is committed to sustainable agriculture, environmental protection and providing support for local communities.
- For more information please see www.feronia.com
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.