FERONIA INC. ANNUAL AND SPECIAL MEETING TO TAKE PLACE JUNE 11, 2013
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 8, 2013) - Feronia Inc. ("Feronia" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:FRN) today announced that its annual and special meeting of shareholders will take place at 9:00 a.m. on June 11, 2013 at the offices of Aird & Berlis LLP, Brookfield Place, 181 Bay Street, Suite 1800, Toronto, Ontario. The special business to be acted on at the meeting includes:
- A resolution regarding the amendment of the Company's Bylaw No. 1 to provide for advance notice of nominations of directors in certain circumstances (the "Advance Notice Provision"). The purpose of the Advance Notice Provision is to give sufficient notice and information regarding director nominations so that shareholders can register an informed vote, and to establish a clear, orderly and efficient process for such nominations. The Advance Notice Provision was adopted by the board of directors of Feronia on May 7, 2013 and is effective immediately. It will be placed before shareholders for confirmation at the upcoming shareholder meeting.
- A resolution regarding the renewal of the Company's shareholder rights plan.
Details regarding the above-noted matters will be included in the Company's management information circular, to be mailed to shareholders and filed under the Company's profile on www.sedar.com.
About Feronia Inc.
- Feronia operates large-scale commercial oil palm plantations and has commenced an arable farming operation in the DRC.
- The Company, through its subsidiaries, holds concessions on land which is owned by the DRC government and on which its oil palm plantation and farming operations take place.
- The Company uses modern agricultural practices to operate and develop its oil palm plantations and arable farming.
- Feronia believes in the immense agricultural potential of the DRC for high-quality edible oils, oil derivatives and foodstuffs given the suitability of its climate and soil and the availability of a skilled workforce.
- The Company's management team is comprised of experienced administrative executives and senior agriculturalists with extensive experience in managing both plantations and large-scale mechanized farming operations in emerging markets.
- Feronia is committed to sustainable agriculture, environmental protection and providing jobs and economic growth for local communities.
- For more information please see www.feronia.com.
Except for statements of historical fact contained herein, the information in this press release constitutes "forward-looking information" within the meaning of Canadian securities law. Such forward-looking information may be identified by words such as "plans", "proposes", "estimates", "intends", "expects", "believes", "may" and "will". There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate; actual results and future events could differ materially from such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, among others, regulatory risks, risks inherent in foreign operations, commodity prices, competition and investments having no history of operations. Most of these factors are outside the control of the Company. Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking information. Except as otherwise required by applicable securities statutes or regulation, the Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.