FERONIA INC. ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF ANNUAL AND SPECIAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 12, 2013) - Feronia Inc. ("Feronia" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:FRN) is pleased to announce the voting results from its annual and special meeting of shareholders held on June 11, 2013 (the "Meeting"). At the Meeting, the shareholders elected Philip Condon, Anders Einarsson, William Dry, Nigel Gourlay, Barnabe Kikaya bin Karubi, Ravi Sood, Joel Strickland and David White as directors of the Company.
In addition, shareholders also voted in favour of resolutions: (i) approving the re-appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Chartered Accountants, as the auditors of the Company, (ii) confirming By-law No. 1A which amends the Company's by-laws to provide for advance notice of nominations of directors in certain circumstances, and (iii) approving the Company's amended and restated shareholder rights plan.
For details regarding the above-noted matters, please refer to Feronia's management information circular dated May 8, 2013, which is filed under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
About Feronia Inc.
- Feronia operates large-scale commercial oil palm plantations and has commenced an arable farming operation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (the "DRC").
- The Company, through its subsidiaries, holds concessions on land which is owned by the DRC government and on which its oil palm plantation and farming operations take place.
- The Company uses modern agricultural practices to operate and develop its oil palm plantations and arable farming. Feronia believes in the immense agricultural potential of the DRC for high-quality edible oils, oil derivatives and foodstuffs given the suitability of its climate and soil and the availability of a skilled workforce.
- The Company's management team is comprised of experienced business administrators and senior agriculturalists with extensive experience in managing both plantations and large-scale mechanized farming operations in emerging markets.
- Feronia is committed to sustainable agriculture, environmental protection and providing jobs and economic growth for local communities.
- For more information please see www.feronia.com.
Except for statements of historical fact contained herein, the information in this press release constitutes "forward-looking information" within the meaning of Canadian securities law. Such forward-looking information may be identified by words such as "anticipates", "plans", "proposes", "estimates", "intends", "expects", "believes", "may" and "will". There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate; actual results and future events could differ materially from such statements. Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking information. Except as otherwise required by applicable securities statutes or regulation, the Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.